Limited print edition of bimonthly electronic title FOGLER, PATRICIA A GS-11 USAF AETC AUL/LTSC (24 Sep 2014 15:14 UTC)
Re: Limited print edition of bimonthly electronic title MSaunders@GALLERY.CA (24 Sep 2014 16:00 UTC)

Re: Limited print edition of bimonthly electronic title MSaunders@GALLERY.CA 24 Sep 2014 16:00 UTC

Catalogue it as a monograph with links in your catalogue to the serial

Mike Saunders,
Serials Officer,

-----Original Message-----
From: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG] On Behalf Of FOGLER, PATRICIA A GS-11 USAF AETC AUL/LTSC
Sent: September-24-14 11:15 AM
To: SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG
Subject: [SERIALST] Limited print edition of bimonthly electronic title

My acquisitions colleague just popped in with a "limited print edition" of a serial that is published here on base: Air & space power journal (online) asking me what I want to do with this.
For those with access to OCLC: (OCoLC)ocm50697291.
The print format of this title ceased in 2011 & went online only : (OCoLC)ocm50625917.

This edition is a topical one & we are checking with our public colleagues to find out whether they want it to reside with the closed-out bound volumes or in the Bookstacks.   Since we have multiple copies & it's a hot topic (command & control), it's possible we'll put a copy in both places.   Though, that's beside the point.

How would you catalog this one-off?   I am thinking to catalog this as a print single issue "Command and control focus issue" for title, with 490/830 connecting it to the serial record.  I would also include, I believe:
772 08 |i Limited print edition of: |t  Air & space power journal (Online)  |x 1554-2505 |w  (OCoLC)50697291

The issue itself is online sans cover, so nothing here says it is a "limited print edition".  That is only on the cover.
http://www.au.af.mil/au/afri/aspj/digital/PDF/Issues/2014/ASPJ-Jul-Aug-2014.pdf

Does the above make sense?  I'm open to any suggestions/edits.

//SIGNED//
Patricia Fogler
Chief, Cataloging Section  (AUL/LTSC)
Muir S. Fairchild Research Information Center
DSN 493-2135   Comm (334) 953-2135

or click the following link:
http://listserv.nasig.org/scripts/wa-NASIG.exe?SUBED1=SERIALST&A=1