disposing of microfilm and microfiche Mitchell, Meg (14 Jul 2015 22:00 UTC)
Re: disposing of microfilm and microfiche Gibson, Kerry (15 Jul 2015 15:13 UTC)
Re: disposing of microfilm and microfiche Johnson, Kay (16 Jul 2015 12:21 UTC)
Re: disposing of microfilm and microfiche Cook, Eleanor (16 Jul 2015 16:53 UTC)

Re: disposing of microfilm and microfiche Gibson, Kerry 15 Jul 2015 15:13 UTC

Meg,
We used the Philadelphia Recycling Company in 2011 to recycle microfilm/microfiche.  The link is:
http://www.philadelphiarecycling.co/
At the time of our project we were told that we had to recycle microforms, and couldn't just trash it
So, Yes, it's possibly still considered hazardous, but I'm not 100% sure.  Maybe others know! : )

Also, please keep in mind for your project that it will cost your library or institution money to recycle the
microforms.  It's not a cheap process.

Kerry Gibson

Kerry Gibson
Collection Management Librarian
Myrin Library

Phone: 610-409-3460
kgibson@ursinus.edu

Ursinus College, 601 E. Main Street, Collegeville, PA 19426-1000