disposing of microfilm and microfiche Mitchell, Meg (14 Jul 2015 22:00 UTC)
Re: disposing of microfilm and microfiche Gibson, Kerry (15 Jul 2015 15:13 UTC)
Re: disposing of microfilm and microfiche Johnson, Kay (16 Jul 2015 12:21 UTC)
Re: disposing of microfilm and microfiche Cook, Eleanor (16 Jul 2015 16:53 UTC)

Re: disposing of microfilm and microfiche Cook, Eleanor 16 Jul 2015 16:53 UTC

I've been told that a company called Safety Kleen will recycle microforms and VHS cassettes.  They are around the country:  http://www.safety-kleen.com/customer-service/locations

However, you will need to work with your institution's rules and regs about using outside vendors for disposal of withdrawn state property (if you are state institution) and also probably whoever is in charge of recycling for your larger institution.   Coincidentally we are facing the same question as we have a large group of VHS tapes we are about to dispose of along with some microfilm.

If anyone else has tips on this, please pass it on.

Eleanor Cook

Eleanor I. Cook
Assistant Director for Discovery & Technology Services
Academic Library Services -- Joyner Library
East Carolina University
East Fifth Street
Greenville, NC 27858
252-328-2598