vinegar syndrome Barbara Pope (02 Oct 2015 21:22 UTC)
Re: vinegar syndrome Diane Nolting (02 Oct 2015 22:53 UTC)
Re: vinegar syndrome Mitchell, Meg (03 Oct 2015 12:14 UTC)

Re: vinegar syndrome Mitchell, Meg 03 Oct 2015 12:14 UTC

Hello everyone
In addition to asking the group, the archives are a great place for this sort of topic
http://listserv.nasig.org/scripts/wa-NASIG.exe?A0=SERIALS
Alas, you will see you are not alone and the question was asked before.
Of course posting now gets any newer information
Meg Mitchell
Logue Library
Chestnut Hill College
Philadelphia, PA 19118

________________________________
From: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG] on behalf of Diane Nolting [dnolting@STMARYS-CA.EDU]
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2015 6:53 PM
To: SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] vinegar syndrome

Barbara,

We don't have any direct experience with vinegar syndrome, but The Image Permanence Institute has this article about testing strips. https://www.imagepermanenceinstitute.org/imaging/ad-strips
According to the PDF instructions, you'd want to place one strip in each can for the specified amount of time and check back to see how the strip is changed.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 2:22 PM, Barbara Pope <bpope@pittstate.edu<mailto:bpope@pittstate.edu>> wrote:
Hi, everyone.

We think we may have vinegar syndrome in some of our microfilm.  Our main goal is find out exactly which microfilm has it and will likely weed it unless it is something we need to keep.  How do you test for this to figure exactly which rolls are affected?

Sincerely,

Barbara M. Pope, MALS
Periodicals/Reference Librarian
Axe Library