OCLC/EBSCO Full Text Finder Issues? Amanda Moeller (05 Oct 2015 17:48 UTC)
Re: OCLC/EBSCO Full Text Finder Issues? Sandra Thomas (05 Oct 2015 20:42 UTC)
Re: OCLC/EBSCO Full Text Finder Issues? Judith koveleskie (05 Oct 2015 22:52 UTC)
Re: OCLC/EBSCO Full Text Finder Issues? DeVerger, Melissa (11 Nov 2015 15:15 UTC)

Re: OCLC/EBSCO Full Text Finder Issues? DeVerger, Melissa 11 Nov 2015 15:15 UTC

We also have had major problems with Full Text Finder and the migration.  Our three biggest problems have been: links broke or their name changed to Publisher's Site or something generic which all had to be fixed, our print and online split into two records and I had to fix them plus I didn't like how it displayed and had to play with it to get the print to come to the top of the results, and over 50% of our buttons in PubMed via LinkSource were not working and I had to fix all of that (I don't know what happened there, if it was migration or not, but it all had to be fixed and it is something EBSCO managed for us).  That was all after minimal communication about the migration and being switched over one Friday morning and none of us were aware that was happening.  I am done fixing everything now and don't want to look at Full Text Finder ever again (or until this summer at least when I check it all again).

I do think it will be a good product once they get it all working.  I have heard some talk about updates, such as having an option for print holdings that you can work with.  And as an experienced serials librarian but new to the electronic side of it, I have learned so much about these resources and how to manage them from this project.

Melissa

-----Original Message-----
From: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG] On Behalf Of Judith koveleskie
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2015 5:52 PM
To: SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] OCLC/EBSCO Full Text Finder Issues?

We have had and continue to have multiple problems with Full Text Finder.   Many things did not transfer correctly from A to Z and the FTF links in EBSCOhost often do not work.  I wanted to delay migration until December, but was assured that everything would be up and running when classes started in August.

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct 5, 2015, at 4:42 PM, Sandra Thomas <STHOMAS@SE.EDU> wrote:
>
> We are moving to Full Text Finder the end of November so I can't answer the question your proposing but I have a question for you?  What exactly do you mean by you are having major issues with OCLC databases not working with FullText Finder?  Do you mean the links from FullText Finder into the OCLC databases aren't working?
>

> Sandra

The information contained in this e-mail message is PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the use of the addressee and no one else. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute, reproduce or use this e-mail message (or the attachments). Please delete the original and notify the sender of the mistaken transmission. Thank you.