Nature print format increase Diane Westerfield (27 Sep 2016 17:31 UTC)
Re: Nature print format increase Melissa Belvadi (27 Sep 2016 18:21 UTC)
Re: Nature print format increase van Sickle, Jennifer (27 Sep 2016 18:43 UTC)

Re: Nature print format increase van Sickle, Jennifer 27 Sep 2016 18:43 UTC

?We stopped getting Nature in print after 2013.  We couldn't afford to support both formats, and the online is very heavily used.  We also bought the online archive as a one time purchase.  No one has asked about print issues.

--Jennifer van Sickle

Trinity College

Hartford, CT USA

________________________________
From: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum <SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG> on behalf of Diane Westerfield <Diane.Westerfield@COLORADOCOLLEGE.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:31 PM
To: SERIALST@LISTSERV.NASIG.ORG
Subject: [SERIALST] Nature print format increase

So, anyone notice that the print version of Nature is going up 14% for 2017? I don't see any tiered pricing options for the print, meaning our small liberal arts college is paying quite a lot. And of course you must have Nature online, which is a completely separate cost, a considerably higher cost, that tends to increase 7% a year.

The personal subscription to Nature is $200 per year. We have only one known regular user of print Nature, who could just as well read it at home. We have Nature from v.1 1869 to current (with one missing volume in the run) but all our bound periodicals are in remote storage, so what's the point of collecting more print issues. Something to ponder.
Diane Westerfield, Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian
Tutt Library, Colorado College
diane.westerfield@coloradocollege.edu<mailto:diane.westerfield@coloradocollege.edu>
(719) 389-6661

or click the following link: