FW: [SERIALST] ScanPro reader/printer Harper, Cynthia 12 Dec 2018 20:33 UTC

Comments below from the VTS Archivist, Chris Pote,  who uses our ScanPro 2000 the most:

Cindy Harper
E-services and periodicals librarian
Virginia Theological Seminary
Alexandria VA 22304
charper@vts.edu
703-461-1794

-----Original Message-----
From: Pote, Christopher <CPote@vts.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 3:11 PM
To: Harper, Cynthia <charper@vts.edu>; Ebonee Davis <edavis@vts0.onmicrosoft.com>
Subject: RE: [SERIALST] ScanPro reader/printer

It's funny, it seems in my head that we use it a lot less now that we bought one that actually works...

I like it.  The basic functions are intuitive and easy to use.  Being able to scan/save right to pdf is awesome.  The magnifying window, which is best was to read the microfilm on the screen, is a little clunky.  It may actually take longer to read a page of newspaper on the screen because of it, but the immediacy of a digital copy is worth it.  I've probably only used 2% of its capabilities.  I have not used microfiche nor have we done any large scale scanning of film with it.  To me it's a glorified reader, but for that, I like it a lot.