LCRI 21.2C Serials Rev. Birdie MacLennan 08 Nov 1990 19:05 UTC

Subject:      Delivery error notice sent to list SERIALST
To:           BMACLENN@UVMVM.BITNET

This didn't get to the list on the first try.  This is a resend.

Date:         Thu, 8 Nov 90  08:51:12 CST
From:         Geoff Husic <GHUSIC@UKANVM>
Subject:      LCRI 21.2C Serials [Rev.]
To:           SERIALST@UKANVM  (this is the wrong address)
              AT@UKANVM,
              UVMVM@UKANVM

I'm annoyed by the fact that LC has stated that  the presence or absence of int
roductory Serie, seriia, need not constitute a title change in UNNUMBERED serie
s only. These account for alot of my annoying title changes in Slavic languages
 and Romanian, and, of couse, they often occur in a section title but not far e
nough along that I can use the "after first five words rule." Many of these, af
ter I have processed the title change, turn out to just be fluctuating title an
yway. Any thoughts?

Geoff Husic, Slavic Serials Cataloger
Watson Library, University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045