Re: Differential Pricing Institutions/Individuals Susan Davis 05 Apr 1991 22:10 UTC

On Thu, 4 Apr 91 17:48:00 -0500 Kathy Schmidt said:
>To Serial Pricing Experts:
>
>I have been asked by my director to find out more about
>differential serials pricing by publishers.  How common
>is this practice and are publishers out-of-hand on this?
>Are there are journal citations that will help me?
>She also remembers reading about a lawsuit filed by a
>publisher against a librarian.  I showed her an article
>about the Gordon & Breach suit against AIP and APS but
>she didn't think it was Gordon & Breach but a joint suit
>by three of the big European publishers.  Can anyone
>help me out?
>
>Kathy, why don't you review the last 6 or 7 YEAR'S WORK IN SERIALS
articles that appear in Library Resources & Technical Services each
year? They might give you more ideas. The citations Betsy Kruger gave
are classics, I believe Deana also did one in the 1st Advances in Serials
Management series.
Susan Davis/Head, Periodicals/University at Buffalo (and author of 2
Year's Works)