Global Networks: Resources for Librarians Stevan Harnad 25 Nov 1991 20:22 UTC

Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1991 09:30 EST
From: MAXYMUK@zodiac.rutgers.edu
Subject: PARLIE AGENDA
To: harnad@Princeton.EDU

This message has been cross-posted to PACS-L, LIBREF-L and GOVDOC-L.

The Philadelphia Area Reference Librarians' Information Exchange (PARLIE)
is presenting a conference on GLOBAL NETWORKS: RESOURCES FOR LIBRARIANS
from 8:45AM to 2:30PM on Thursday, December 5, 1991.  The conference will
be held in Room 126 of the Engineering, Computer Science & Architecture
Bldg, 12th & Norris Streets, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA.
The agenda follows:

Introduction to Worldwide Networks
        Jerry Hinkle & Sheri Stahler, Temple University

Electronic Journals: Scholarly Skywriting in the Post-Gutenberg Galaxy
        Stevan Harnad, Co-Editor of "Psycoloquy"

Listservers for Librarians: The Origins and Impact of GOVDOC-L
        Steve McKinzie, Co-Moderator of GOVDOC-L

Introduction to CARL Systems' Uncover2 Database
        Martha Whitaker, CARL Systems

The conference is free although we ask that nonmembers of PARLIE consider
joining.  Please contact Carol Paskowsky at (215) 576-2598 if you would
like to register.
|  John Maxymuk                 |                                      |
|  Paul Robeson Library         |  (609) 757-6034 voice                |
|  Rutgers University           |  (609) 757-6428 fax                  |
|  PO Box 93990                 |  Bitnet: Maxymuk@Zodiac              |
|  Camden, NJ 08101             |  Internet Maxymuk@Zodiac.Rutgers.edu |