SERIALS RECON Marcia Tuttle 06 Jan 1992 13:24 UTC

Sender:       "SEREDIT: SERIALST Editors" <SEREDIT@UVMVM>
From:         Eric Celeste <efc@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      serials recon

I was wondering if folks on SERIALST could share some wisdom and
experience regarding the retrospective conversion of serials records.
What were some of the expectations, both met and unmet, for recon
projects you've been involved with? What kind of experiences have
you had with vendors (like OCLC) contracted to handle a serials
recon project? What are some of the hidden (or not-so-hidden)
trouble spots to look out for when embarking on a serials recon
project? Can you recommend any articles or books that discuss the
retrospective conversion of serials records?

I will summarize any responses sent to me for the whole list.

Thanks!
...Eric Celeste
   MIT Libraries
   <efc@mit.edu>