Serials recon Marcia Tuttle 11 Jan 1992 00:20 UTC

Date:         Fri, 10 Jan 1992 15:57:17 MST
From:         Nora=Copeland%Catalog%Libraries@VINES.COLOSTATE.EDU
Subject:      Serials recon
We did our serials recon in-house on RLIN in 1987.  We did not go through a
vendor.  Maybe my article on our experience would be of help to libraries who
are considering in-house recon for serials.  The title of the article is
"Retrospective Conversion of Serials: the RLIN Experience".  It was published
in Serials Review, 14, no.3 (1988): 23-28.  We also sent our tapes for
authority work and processing before they were loaded into our loacal
database.