Chronicle, et al. delivery problems Birdie MacLennan 05 Mar 1992 21:03 UTC

2 messages, 53 lines:
------------------------

Date:         Thu, 5 Mar 1992 13:14:38 EDT
From:         "Alan D. Hogan" <FAC0024@UOFT01.BITNET>
Subject:      Re: CHRON.HIGH.ED.delivery problems

This has been a cyclical problem for us also.  Every 3 years the subs.
would stop.  This year we switched our last sub. to Faxon hoping they
could clear this up.  It hasn't worked so far.  Claims and calls haven't
got a 92 sub. started yet.

The Chronicle fulfillment operation get an "F" in my book
| Alan D. Hogan                                ///    ///         |
| University of Toledo Libraries              ///   ////////////  |
| 2801 W. Bancroft                           ///   ////////////   |
| Toledo, OH  43606                         ///    /// ///        |
| Phone:  419-537-2812                     ///____/// ///         |
| Fax:    419-537-2726                     "_______/ ///          |
| Telex:  810-442-1633                              ///           |
| BITNET: FAC0024@UOFT01                                          |
| Email:  fac0024@uoft01.utoledo.edu                              |
|         fac0024@131.183.1.2                                     |
Date:         Thu, 5 Mar 1992 15:23:57 EST
From:         cindy cline <MCLCINDY@UKCC.UKY.EDU>
Subject:      mail delivery

At the University of Kentucky Medical Center Library, we receive
only one copy. I'm not sure when it arrives. But what I'd like to
discuss is mail delivery versus personal delivery.  Our patrons
want to know why we still get New York Times and Washington Post
through the mail, when it's available locally on a daily basis.

I tried to contact the local delivery person for the New York Times
several times to no avail.  Any ideas or comments?  We have a
difficult time getting local newspapers because of building security
and the laziness of the delivery person!!

We have also had problems with our subscription to TIME.  They told
our vendor they would not handle multiple copies.  So we had one
subscription through the vendor and one subscription direct.
Time apparently merged both accounts into one.  Some payments were
recorded from the vendor and others as direct!!  And of course the
person at TIME says "that's what the computer says" and doesn't
pursue the matter.

If anyone has any solutions, please let me know. Thanks.

Cindy Cline
Serials Librarian
Medical Center Library
University of Kentucky