Volumes for Physics Abstracts? ERCELAA@VUCTRVAX.BITNET 01 Apr 1992 22:50 UTC

Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1992 17:06:49 EST
From: Steve Hardin <LIBHARD@INDST.BITNET>
Subject: Volumes for Physics Abstracts?

Greetings!

We've been told that _Physics Abstracts_ will no longer carry
volume numbers on their individual issues.  Up until now, we've
used the volume numbers as our point of difference in our volume
holdings records.  It wouldn't be a big problem to switch to
the date to fulfil that function... but we're leery of making
the switch only to find out our information is inaccurate.  (This
info came during a phone call to the publisher.)

Has anyone else heard about this?  If so, how are you handling it?

Thanks for any information!

Steve Hardin
Assistant Librarian
Reference/Tech Services