NOVYI MIR (GAELE GILLESPIE) Marcia Tuttle 16 Apr 1992 01:47 UTC

 ---------------------------- Text of forwarded message -----------------------
Date:         Wed, 15 Apr 1992 18:32:24 CST
From:         GGILLESP@UKANVM
Subject:      Re: Novy Mir

In answer to Martha Kellogg's question about the title, _Novyi Mir_:

We have always received this title on exchange from the Biblioteka Akademii
Nauk SSSR (at least, prior to the reconfiguration of the Soviet Union).
Because of the way in which Soviet exchange titles have been shipped to us
(S-L-O-W-L-Y and in batches), our issues of _Novyi Mir_ may come later than
a "normal" paid subscription.  Be that as it may, I thought it might be
helpful to let you know that we've not rec'd. any post-1991 issues yet,
either, but the last issues were rec'd. in this time frame:

     1991, no. 10 (Oct. 1991)  rec'd. 3/17/92 (had to claim this issue)
           no. 11 (Nov. 1991)  rec'd. 2/13/92
           no. 12 (Dec. 1991)  rec'd. 1/29/92

You might try Harrassowitz or Collet's, both of whom can supply titles from
the (former) Eastern Bloc countries, and Collet's also supplies serials from
communist (or formerly-communist) countries.

Here is Collet's address, just in case this firm isn't as familiar to you as
Harrassowitz:  Collet's Subscription Dept., Denington Estate, Wellingborough,
Northamptonshire NN8 2QT, England.

E. Gaele Gillespie / Asst. Head, Serials     University of Kansas Libraries