Newspapers Replaced by Microfilms (Marilyn Rennick) Marcia Tuttle 06 Nov 1992 07:05 UTC

Date:         Fri, 6 Nov 1992 11:49:34 EST
From: Special Services <SPECIAL@ACADVM1.UOTTAWA.CA>
Subject:      Newspapers replaced by microfilms

A question about handling newspapers for those who subsequently replace
them with microfilm.

How do you store the old numbers awaiting the receipt of the microfilm?
In a storage area and a staff member has to retrieve them on demand?
On open shelves with free access?  What time does it take to put them
back in order?  Do you bother?   If retrieved, who retrieves and reshelves?

Please respond to me not to the list and, if I receive significant replies, I
will summarize for the list.  Thank you.

Marilyn Rennick
Head, Special Services / Chef, Services speciaux
Morisset Library / Bibliotheque Morisset
University of Ottawa Library Network /
Reseau des bibliotheques de l'Universite d'Ottawa

special@acadvm1.uottawa.ca

(613) 564-8130     FAX: (613) 564-9886