Indexing linking fields ERCELAA@VUCTRVAX.BITNET 17 Feb 1993 01:57 UTC

Date: 16 Feb 1993 17:23:00 -0500
From: Jane.Thompson@UC.EDU
Subject: RE: Indexing linking fields

We have always included the linking fields information in our print
union list, and have continued these in our online serials
information, with a minimum of anguish on our users' parts. We do not
classify our journals, and when the title changes, we make a new label
for the new title and leave the previous title volumes where they are.
If we had more staff, I would like to see some sort of guide "For
later/earlier volumes, see xxxxx" but we don't and so we don't. "We"
is the Health Sciences Library of the University of Cincinnati Medical
Center.