Re: Date qualifiers in 130 field ERCELAA@VUCTRVAX.BITNET 17 Feb 1993 17:52 UTC

Date: 17 Feb 1993 08:52:00 -0800 (PST)
From: Louise Ratliff <ECL4LR2@UCLAMVS.BITNET>
Subject: RE: Date qualifiers in 130 field

Dear Jennifer,

I wonder if your example is actually a title change at all????  Is it
just that the corporate body of the intermediate numbers is lacking
the subdivision of the Ag. Extension?  I can't advise more without
more info, but my inclination as a CONSER serials cataloger would be
to fold all three of your titles together into one, and put in a
note about the issuing body (550 note).

What more can you tell me?

I agree with Florence Hayes, who said,

> With respect to the date qualifiers in the 130 field of the Extension
> bulletin, I would have a single record for nos. 10-21:

I question what Mitch brings up, however, since I do not know without
seeing the Bulletin whether or not it is considered as "emanating"
from the corporate body.  Usually bulletins have information of a
general nature in them, as well as information about the issuing
body, and in that case they would be entered under title.

> HOWEVER, according to rule 21.1B2 of AACR2r  paragraph
> a) ... or  its resources (e.g., catalogues, inventories)
> This seems to qualify the work for entry under corporate body, not uniform
> title.

--Louise

Louise Ratliff, Serials Cataloger
Cataloging Department             ECL4LML@UCLAMVS.BITNET
UCLA - URL A1538                  ECL4LML@mvs.oac.ucla.edu
405 Hilgard Ave.                  (310) 825-1936
Los Angeles, CA 90024-1575        FAX (310) 206-4974