Re: Editing member input records ERCELAA@VUCTRVAX.BITNET 19 Feb 1993 21:01 UTC

2 messages:

Date: 19 Feb 1993 14:33:02 -0500 (EST)
From: Brad Carrington--University of Kentucky <BCARRING@UKCC.UKY.EDU>
Subject: RE: Editing member input records

CONSER members haggle enough among themselves (well, in a good way, at least)--
why should we spend precious time second-guessing their decisions?  If your
institution feels a particular need to edit (on  national, not local fields)
then, perhaps, consider applying for CONSER membership.

From: M-SEALOR LIBEM027@SIVM.BITNET

As the only serials cataloger at the Smithsonian Libraries, I try to keep the
records as accurate as possible. I do add subject headings, access points and
notes often. If I have information not present in the member record, I add it,
but I do not do a lot of research in order to complete member records. Fine
tuning is not possible if one has a quota!

Margaret Sealor, Serials Cataloger
Smithsonian Libraries, NHB 30  MRC 154
Washington, D.C. 20560. Phone 202 357-3161
M-SEALOR LIBEM027@SIVM.BITNET