Binding Title Changes Birdie MacLennan 08 Mar 1993 02:56 UTC

2 messages, 36 lines:
-------------------------

Date:         Fri, 5 Mar 1993 23:16:49 -0500
From:         Kamala.S.Narayanan <NARAYANA@QUCDN.BITNET>
Subject:      Re. Binding Title Changes

          At our library, our policy is to split the volume where the
          title change has occured and bind each title separately.  But
          if these different titles are bound inadvertently, then we put
          explanatory notes as appropriate in the respective bibliographic
          records.  We have had no problems so far.

 Mrs Kamala.S.Narayanan              Tel:613 545 2831
 Serials Librarian__________________ Fax:613 545 6819
 Douglas Library Acquisitions/Serials
 Queen's University,Kingston. Ontario K7L 5C4 Canada

Date:         Sat, 6 Mar 1993 14:51:00 CST
From:         Ling-li Chang <ZLZLB41@LUCCPUA.BITNET>

At Loyola Univ. Chicago, our policy is to bind title changes
separately.

We do have some bound volumes or microfilm reels which
contain more than one title because title changes are not
caught before issues are bound or because microfilm supplier
mixes title changes in one reel.  We make public notes in
holdings in addition to a 590 note in bib. record.  Users do
read notes in holdings.

Ling-li Chang, Cataloger/Serials, zlzlb41@luccpua.bitnet