Re: ACM,IEEE,ASME (fwd) Marcia Tuttle 19 Mar 1993 03:10 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1993 14:11:45 EST
From: Susan Davis <UNLSDB%UBVM.BITNET@uga.cc.uga.edu>
Subject: Re: ACM,IEEE,ASME (fwd)

***I think your P.S. explains why many libraries chose to deal with these
conferences as monographs, they keep changing their titles!  If you have to
edit your serial record every year, maybe they should really be monographs.
We struggled with some of these issues, and felt is was the best use of
staff time to treat as monographs in the majority of cases.

Susan Davis State University of NY at Buffalo

>P.S.  Some of these creatures have slightly different titles each time
they are issued.  Is anyone processing them as title changes or as title
varies notes?