Dummy bib records for monographic series in NOTIS ANN ERCELAWN 20 May 1993 21:49 UTC

Date: 20 May 1993 08:34:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: Elena Romaniuk <ENGIN@UVVM.UVIC.CA>
Subject: dummy bib records for monographic series

I would like to direct this question to NOTIS libraries. We are in the process
of setting up dummy bib. records for monographic series titles so that we can
create an order/pay/receipt record for ordering, payment, etc. We are
suppressing these records from the OPAC display.

In the process we have to code the copy holdings record, and I was wondering
how people are coding the catalog status and the classification type codes.

In the few records we have created these have been left in the default but I
am not sure that this is appropriate since it implies that this the title is
still on order.

Also are you coding series classified in one number differently from those
classified separately?

P.S. Thanks to all who answered my ISSN/Hook to holdings question.

Elena Romaniuk
University of Victoria, McPherson Library
Victoria, B.C., Canada
(604) 721-8261     BITNET: ENGIN@UVVM     Internet:  ENGIN@UVVM.UVic.CA