Re: Online Serials Pricing Service James Mouw 08 Jun 1993 16:50 UTC

> Does anyone know of an online serials pricing service?  This service
> would be invaluable to check pricing on serials to be renewed or added
> for library budgetary purposes...

I do not know of an online serial pricing service that is not maintained by a
vendor.  However, many of the vendors do offer online services.  Several of
these are now available through the internet at a modest or small charge.

All of these vendors update their files continually, with the greatest number
of price changes occuring in the late summer and early fall as publishers
announce their new prices.

We actively use Faxon Datalinx, Ebscobet, Blackwells Connect and DataSwets.
Their are other options out there.

All these systems show current list price, some also show a price history.
Some show only "catalog" price, others show actually price paid by your
library with invoice references.

These systems are the most up-to-date source we have found and we tend to use
them to confirm pre-order pricing.

Jim Mouw

James R. Mouw - Head of Serials      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The University of Chicago Library    * Controlling serials is like *
312 702-8767                         * nailing Jello to the wall.  *
Bitnet: uclmouw@uchimvs1             *             ---A.M. Allison *
Internet: mouw@midway.uchicago.edu   * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *