Re. Microfilm reader-printers (3 messages) Birdie MacLennan 15 Jun 1993 17:24 UTC

3 messages, 45 lines:
--------------------------

Date:         Mon, 14 Jun 1993 16:02:15 -0500
From:         Pat Parshall <0700004@NORTHWEST.MISSOURI.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Microfilm reader-printers

Ralph,  At  Northwest MO State we only have 2 Canon PC Printer 80's.  But they
never give us much trouble.  All our printers are Canons and we're very
pleased. Hope this is of help to you.

Pat Parshall-Periodicals Dept.
Northwest MO State University
 Maryville, MO 64468

-----------------------
Date:         Mon, 14 Jun 1993 17:23:16 -0400
From:         Steve Early <early@UHURU.UCHICAGO.EDU>

        The Reference Dept. at the Donnell Branch of the New York Public
Library, where I worked for a year, (1988/89) had a Fuji reader/printer.
Alas, I cannot remember the model.  I do recall that we preferred the copies
it made over our minolta, and the repair service response time was quicker as
well.

Steve Early
Center for Research Libraries

---------------------
Date:         Tue, 15 Jun 1993 09:39:51 -0400
From:         Catherine Fortier-Barnes <CFORTIER@UMASSD.BITNET>

At the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, we have had great success
with the Fuji 30 reader printer.  We have 10 units at various locations
in the library.  Most are used for film, but 2 are equipped to handle
fiche.  All of the machines are heavily used.  There is occasional down
time due to problems, but an arrangement with the company that holds our
service contract requests service in 24 hours or less.  The machines use
dry toner and roll paper.

Catherine Fortier-Barnes
Serials Librarian
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth