JAI Press title problem (Kevin Randall) ANN ERCELAWN 07 Jul 1993 21:08 UTC

Date: 07 Jul 1993 14:59:09 -0500 (CDT)
From: Kevin M Randall <KRANDAL@NUACVM.ACNS.NWU.EDU>
Subject: JAI Press title problem

I'm sending this out to the list again, to see if anyone else has any more
information.  (I got only one response the last time, and he had only the
same issues we have.)       --kmr
Aside from the fact that this is a STUPID title change...

"The North American Review of Economics and Finance" just changed to "The
North American Journal of Economics and Finance".  According to the OCLC
record, the Review began with a Dec. 1988 issue, and numbering began in
spring 1990.  Our holdings go back only to spring 1990, and we found that
it is numbered v. 1, no. 1.

Does anyone know if anything was published between Dec. 1988 and spring
1990?  Because the copy says it began publication at the School of
Management of the University of Scranton for the NAEFA, and JAI Press
took over publication in 1990, I have a feeling that maybe Dec. 1988 was
only a preliminary issue, and nothing else came of it until JAI came along.

Does anyone have any information to solve this little problem?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin M. Randall
Head, Serials Cataloging Section
Northwestern University Library