Re: Final disposition of duplicates (Kate McCain) Marcia Tuttle 14 Jul 1993 08:22 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1993 09:56:21 EDT
From: Kate McCain <MCCAINKW%DUVM.BITNET@uga.cc.uga.edu>
Subject: Re: Final disposition of duplicates (Sheryl Williams)

Why not contact one of the various serials back-issue dealers? In my limited
experience they may buy some back runs (of relatively desirable things) and
take others (Science, Journal of Bacteriology, etc.) for credit against
filling missing issue requests in the future. In the Yellow Pages here in
Philly, the heading "magazines-back number" lists at least one dealer (GH
Arrow) who buys/accepts back runs of science journals. A well-known
dealer is Jaeger, but I don't have contact information.

Kate McCain                        "bibliometrics R us"
College of Information Studies
Drexel University

mccainkw@duvm.ocs.drexel.edu