Re: Rotating serials title (Yvonne Stroup) Marcia Tuttle 20 Jul 1993 14:25 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1993 13:55:32 MST
From: Yvonne Stroup <YSTROUP%UTAHLIB.BITNET@uga.cc.uga.edu>
Subject: Re: Rotating serials title (Nancy Birkrem)

I don't know how others feel about it, but I approve of your method. We
have a similar situation with an annual put out jointly by the Greek
societies on campus. It didn't bother with a rotation of titles, it simply
changed title every year. For the first few years I faithfully did the
title changes, but nobody on God's green earth is going to use it. Except
maybe a few local people. I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle of
doing a title change every year, so I left them all on one record, under
the original title and added 246 fields for each new title. If it had been
of vital importance to the continued existence of mankind I would have
done the title changes.

Yvonne Stroup
ystroup@lib.utah.edu