IV Tri-National Library Forum (Patricia Carranza) ANN ERCELAWN 14 Oct 1993 02:26 UTC

Date: Oct 13 93 16:54:14
From: rocrodri@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx
Subject: IV TRINATIONAL LIBRARY FORUM

      IV TRINATIONAL FORUM OF LIBRARIES AND INFORMATION CENTERS
                        (BEFORE BILATERAL)

During february 24th to 26th of 1994 will take place the IV TRINATIONAL
FORUM OF LIBRARIES AND INFORMATION CENTERS.

The ITESM (Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey),
Campus Monterrey, Mexico; through it's Library-Information Center, is
in charge of the organization of this IV FORUM.

Relations between our countries have become very necessary in all fields.
Some topics to be analyzed are: the transference of information, exchange
of documents, professional contacts, among others.

This time we have invited Canada to join this forum since its geographical
location is an important factor of union. Beside is, we are sure that your
rich experience in the field of Libraries and Information Sciences, can be
elements that, without a doubt, will improve the quality of our event.
Don't lose this opportunity. There will be something new for you. We count
with your presence and participation, your contribution is important for
everybody. We are looking forward to see you in Monterrey, Mexico.

INSCRIPTION FEE: The inscription fee per assistant is $80.00 dlls. The
payment can be made with a check payable to ITESM or credit card.

HOTEL: The site hotel will be the CROWN PLAZA located at downtown. The
daily fee is $89.00 dlls plus tax (10%) until december 10th, after this
date, it will be subject to the availability of the hotel and its fees.
Please make your reservations identifying yourself as TRI GROUP to the
following phone numbers:
USA and CANADA 1 (800) HOLIDAY

PLEASE PRINT THIS COUPON, FILL IT AND SEND IT TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:

Name------------------------------------------------

Institution-----------------------------------------

Telephone and/or Fax--------------------------------

Check number-------------

Credit Card:  Visa ----- Master Card ----- Number ---------------------

Sign --------------------

Simultaneous Translation:  Yes ---  No ---

ITESM-BCI
SUCURSAL DE CORREOS "J"
64849 MONTERREY NUEVO LEON MEXICO

                          TENTATIVE SCHEDULE

     Thursday, February 24
18:30-20:00 hrs   Check in at the hotel and welcome cocktail
     Friday, February 25
8:00-9:00         Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00-9:30         Opening ceremony and welcome
9:30-10:30        Magisterial Conference  (1)
10:30-11:00       Coffee Break and Exhibits
11:00-12:00       Magisterial Conference continue  (2)
12:00-14:00       Discussion Groups I:
               Group 1: Information Technology
               Group 2: New posibilities of information exchange
               Group 3: Collection Development
               Group 4: Public Libraries and new services
14:00-15:30       Lunch and Exhibits
15:30-17:00       Discussion Groups II
17:00-19:00       Visit to exhibits
19:00             Departure for sightseeing tour
     Saturday, February 26
9:00-9:15      Announcement
9:15-10:30     Conference  (3)
10:30-11:00    Coffee Break and Visit to Exhibits
11:00-13:00    Discussion Groups I
               Group 1: User education program
               Group 2: International exchanges
               Group 3: To foment and promote the lecture on public and
                        children libraries.
13:15          Transportation to ITESM
13:30-15:00    Lunch
15:00-17:00    Visit to ITESM Library
17:15          Transportation to hotel
18:00-21:00    Presentation of conclusions and official closing
21:00-23:00    Closing Banquet.

               MAGISTERIAL CONFERENCES (POSIBLE TOPICS)
(1) The use of telecomunications at the libraries
(2) Window toward the future today's reality
(3) The editorial industry in Mexico, Canada and U.S.A.

For more information about this forum contact:

Lic. Patricia Carranza
ITESM-CAMPUS MONTERREY
LIBRARY-INFORMATION CENTER

Voice:    (8) 358-2000 Ext. 4010,4011,4020
Fax:      (8) 358-8931 " (8) 358-6850
Internet: pcarranz@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx
          jlramire@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx
          pvaldes@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx