Re: Ceased or suspended title? (Steve Savage) ANN ERCELAWN 18 Oct 1993 00:37 UTC

Date: 17 Oct 1993 14:13:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Steve Savage <SMSAVA01@UKCC.UKY.EDU>
Subject: RE: Ceased or suspended title?

Thanks for the information below about Faxon's answer to your previous
inquiry.  I'm still not sure whether to close out our records, though,
since our contact at Faxon told us the newspaper was suspended, rather
than discontinued.  And the bib record still gives open-ended
information, but the publisher seems to be unlocatable. Just one
contraction of facts after another.....

I definitely don't want to close out the copy of the record in our local
database unless we know for sure it will not resume publication (which is the
implication I read in the apparent disappearance of the publisher).
But we don't seem to be able to determine that for sure. I
suppose that's not too uncommon of a situation, but I'd feel more
comfortable if a CONSER library were to make that decision and then
close out the OCLC bib record.

Steve Savage
University of Kentucky Libraries

Date: 15 Oct 1993 16:21:21 -0400
From: Chia-Ching Chang <CCCHANG@JADE.BUCKNELL.EDU>
Subject: RE: Ceased or suspended title? (Steve Savage)

The last issue we received was no. 39 of 7/93.  And it was reported as
discontinued by our vendor, the Faxon Co.

Chia-Ching Chang
Serials Librarian
Bucknell University
Lewisburg, PA 17837-2086