Cellular and Molecular Biology (Kathleen Thorne) ANN ERCELAWN 18 Oct 1993 18:03 UTC

Date: 18 Oct 1993 09:58:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: kathleen thorne <KATHLEEN@SJSUVM1.BITNET>
Subject: Cellular and Molecular Biology

Can anyone give us any information concerning the two Cellular and Molecular
Biology titles?  When the split came between the editor and publisher, we
kept the publisher's version (the one Pergamon Press still publishes under
the title Cellular and Molecular Biology Research) -- in fact, I'm not
sure we knew there WAS a second one (it's not in my area of collection
development, and certainly it never came to me as cataloger).  Recently
we have been getting a lot of mail from both Pergamon and Dr. Wegmann, and
we have started to wonder about the second title.

What is the difference? Should we in truth as a good library be getting
both? Will the real Cellular and Molecular Biology please stand up??

What have other libraries done?

Thanks. --Kathleen Thorne,Serials Cataloger
          San Jose State University
          kathleen@sjsuvm1.bitnet or kathleen@sjsuvm1.edu (internet)