Re: Standalone check-in systems (Hannah King) Marcia Tuttle 29 Oct 1993 03:36 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1993 08:15:33 -0500
From: Hannah King <KINGH%SNYSYRV1.BITNET@uga.cc.uga.edu>
Subject: Re: Standalone check-in systems (Sharon L. Nelson)

I find one major problem with subscription vendor supplied stand-alone
serials check-in systems: you have a real headache if you decide to get a
divorce.  Our serials assistant is very dependent on MicroLinx and very
reluctant to even look at other systems whether integrated, online, or
standalone.  I'd rather buy something off the shelf which I can use
no matter which vendor(s) serves the library.  However, MicroLinx is a nice
enough system, bugs and all, to weigh heavily in favor of choosing Faxon.

Hannah King
SUNY HSC Library at Syracuse
kingh@snysyrv1
kingh@vax.cs.hscsyr.edu