MARC Holdings Query (James Mouw) Birdie MacLennan 02 Nov 1993 21:49 UTC

From:  James Mouw <mouw@midway.uchicago.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1993 14:43:45 +0600

Here's one for you MARC holdings experts:

We have a publication which contains a hyphen in its numbering.

The two pieces we have are numbered volume 1-02 and volume 3-54.  How do we
enter these into a MARC holdings statement.  v.3-54 would indicate that we
have volumes 3 THROUGH 54 not volume 3 dash 54.  Has anyone figured this
situation out??

By the way, the title is:  Joint pub. / Joint Chiefs of Staff  (yes, this is
a GPO item)