o/p/r (Elena Romaniuk) Marcia Tuttle 27 Nov 1993 05:41 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1993 16:21:29 PST
From: Elena Romaniuk <ENGIN@UVVM.UVIC.CA>
Subject: o/p/r

Greetings from Victoria.

I'd like to check a point regarding o/p/rs that my supervisor is
concerned about and which does not seem to be mentioned in the NOTIS
documentation.

Our Acquisitions Unit has been implementing the Acquisitions module since
April 1993, i.e. for less than one year. This means that we have no experience
with closing out the fiscal period at this time.

Also we are going to gradually implement check-in in the o/p/r beginning with
Jan. 94. We are plannning to use note statements to keep track of various bits
of information which our staff will need when checking-in, and of course
receipt statements for the actual check-in. We've decided not to go with
LSER at this time.

My question is this: When you close out the fiscal period, does anything
happen to those note and receipt statements in active records? My boss was
concerned about potentially losing that information when the year end rollover
occurs. Since there is nothing (or at least I could not find it) in the
documentation to indicate loss of this information I have been working with
the assumption that as long as the order is active and a valid fund is
provided in the o/p/r then the rest of the information such as note and
receipt statements is retained and accessible for use in the o/p/r even though
a new fiscal period is involved. Am I correct in this assumption?

Thanks again for your help.  Elena.

ELENA ROMANIUK, COORDINATOR SERIALS MANAGEMENT UNIT
University of Victoria, McPherson Library
Victoria, B.C., Canada
(604) 721-8261     BITNET: ENGIN@UVVM     Internet:  ENGIN@UVVM.UVic.CA