Collets (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 13 Jan 1994 15:02 UTC

2 messages; 42 lines:
------------------------

Date:         Thu, 13 Jan 1994 08:28:53 EST
From:         Bob Persing <persing@POBOX.UPENN.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Collets

I had heard a few months ago that Collets was trying to reorganize, and
hoped to continue its operations.  But I saw a note in _Publisher's
Weekly_ in late November, saying that those efforts had been unsuccessful,
and they were actually going to go out of business.

Bob Persing                     "The best thing you've ever done for me/
Assistant Head of Serials       is to help me take my life less seriously/
Van Pelt Library                it's only life, after all." --Indigo Girls
University of Pennsylvania
3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA  19104-6278
(215) 898-2815      persing@pobox.upenn.edu

---------------------------
Date:         Wed, 12 Jan 1994 04:38:00 -0800
From:         Stacy_Nelson%UCSDLIBRARY.UCSD.EDU@SDSC.BITNET
Subject:      Collets/Eastview

          Our library has most of its Russian subscriptions through
          Kamkin, but have a few titles (mostly weeklys) through East
          View.  We've been very happy with their service and prices,
          so they have become our vendor of choice for new
          subscriptions.

          Their invoices are clear and concise and the 800 number is a
          plus.  We are also trying them for back issues which they
          claim they can provide (almost unheard of for Russian
          serials!).

          Stacy Nelson
          Acquisitions
          Univ. of Calif., San Diego