Re: Stand alone acquisitions serial control system (Sonja Marshalek) ANN ERCELAWN 25 Jan 1994 16:20 UTC

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 94 11:31:56 EST
From:SMarshalek%Library%IUSB@Vines.IUSB.Indiana.Edu
Subject: re: Re: Stand alone acquisitions serial control system

Dear Lorraine,

We also use Microlinx from Faxon and we are very happy with it, though we too
would like it to interface with our OPAC.
We back up our database every evening and copy it to a PC in Reference  so
that it is available there. It cuts down on the calls from Reference about
receipt of journals etc. We also record items going to, and coming back from
the bindery.
Faxon loaded all the titles which we get from them and we entered the rest.
Check-in is a lot faster and can be done by a student after minimal training.
We have the students set aside any journal with a date/number/volume not
matching the predicted information on the screen and a more experienced
person handles those. As Kathie said, claiming is very good, and we also
check in serials in part.

Sonja Marshalek
Indiana University South Bend