Microlinx question (Lynn Newbill) ANN ERCELAWN 25 Jan 1994 17:57 UTC

Date: 25 Jan 1994 13:38:39 -0500
From: Dorothy Newbill <DNEWBILL@NHQVAX.HQ.NASA.GOV>
Subject: microlinx question

Seeing several mentions of Microlinx recently, I thought someone out there
might be able to help on this.

We need to convert over to Microlinx before SC-10 goes down at the end of this
year.  FAXON claims that the system should run on a 286 or better computer.
Problem is that our 286's also run LAN software and are used for a number of
tasks such as spreadsheets and wordprocessing.  Memory is a problem.
So is replacing the 286's with upgraded hardware.

Is anyone currently using 286 machines to run Microlinx?  If so, are you
successful?  How much memory are you using?  Is your machine dedicated to
the check-in software?  Any and all advice is appreciated!

Please respond directly to me rather than to the Serialst.  Thanks!

Lynn Newbill
Head of Technical Services
NASA HQ Library