ALA Midwinter Meeting -- S.S. Research Libraries DG (Dena Hutto) Marcia Tuttle 02 Feb 1994 05:47 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 19:22:17 -0500
From: "HUTTO, DENA" <DHH%PSULIAS.BITNET@uga.cc.uga.edu>
Subject: ALA Midwinter Meeting -- S.S. Research Libraries DG

The ALCTS Serials Section Research Libraries Discussion Group will meet at
the ALA Midwinter Meeting on Saturday, February 5th, from 9:30 to 11:00 AM
in LACC 501B.

Discussion topics will include:

        -  presentation on "Methods for Acquiring Back Volumes," courtesy
           of Donald Jaeger of Alfred Jaeger, Inc.

        -  document delivery services:  what are we planning?  what are we
           doing?  and what is the impact on serials librarians?

        -  and last but not least -- what are the critical issues facing
           librarians who work with serials, whether as collection development,
           acquisitions, cataloging, or public service librarians?

Our meeting will be an active discussion, so please come prepared to share
your thoughts and concerns about serials librarianship today.

Also, a SERVICE OPPORTUNITY:  We need nominations for a vice-chair/chair
elect to serve for the 1995 ALA Midwinter-Annual meetings.  If interested,
or if you would like to nominate someone, please let me know at the meeting
.

Hope to see you there!

Dena Hutto, Chair
Penn State University