Microfilm: Positive or Negative? (Melissa Nasea) ANN ERCELAWN 30 Mar 1994 01:20 UTC

Date: Tue, 29 Mar 1994 17:09:53 -0500 (EST)
From: "Melissa M. Nasea" <MELNAS@HSL.HSL.ECU.EDU>
Subject: microfilm: positive or negative?

We have been buying negative polarity 35mm microfilm for many years.
We started with negative film so we could get positive prints. (I
assume that our first reader-printers could not make positive to
positive prints.)  Our representative said that positive film looks
better and he suggests that we switch to positive film.

Does anyone have any preferences for positive or negative film?
Which produces better copies for text? for black and white and color
illustrations or photographs?

Melissa Nasea
Serials Librarian
Health Sciences Library