Re: Microfilm: Positive or Negative? (Barrett Border) ANN ERCELAWN 30 Mar 1994 23:06 UTC

Date: Wed, 30 Mar 1994 16:25:36 -0600 (CST)
From: BBORDER@lib.swbts.edu
Subject: Re: Microfilm:  Positive or Negative?

Melissa,
We have both positive and negative film in our library.  We quit getting
negative film in the 1960's.

I have found that most people are put off by using the negative film even
though our machine prints a positive copy from the negative.  There is
something about the dark screen that puts them off.

By the way, our new machine is a Minolta RP606Z.  We have been pleased with it
so far (we've had it almost a full semester).  It makes great copies from both
the negative and positive, even pictures.

Hope this helps.

Barrett K. Border
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Fort Worth, Texas