Re: Haworth Press Journals & Fair Use (Lionel Robson) ANN ERCELAWN 31 Mar 1994 14:07 UTC

Date: Thu, 31 Mar 1994 13:37:07 +1000
From: l.robson@unsw.edu.au (Lionel Robson)
Subject: RE: Haworth Press Journals & Fair Use (Eleanor Cook)

>Date: Wed, 30 Mar 1994 21:27:11 -0400
>From: ELEANOR COOK <COOKEI@APPSTATE.BITNET>
>Subject: Haworth Journals
>
>RE: Haworth journals and fair use
>
>I have forwarded the original message to the CNI-Copyright List
>(with permission) and will let you all know what transpires there.
>Publishers who pretend that fair use does not exist are in for a big
>surprise. Haworth is particularly near and dear to many of us in the
>library world since many of us publish there.
>
>Sincerely,
>Eleanor I. Cook

>Eleanor I. Cook                   704-262-2786 (wrk)
>Serials Librarian                 704-262-3001 (fax)
>Belk Library
>Appalachian State University     cookei@appstate             (Bitnet)
>Boone, NC 28608                  cookei@conrad.appstate.edu  (Internet)

Hi Ms Cook,
"Near and DEAR"?  Like in expensive DEAR do you mean?  Most of the rhubarb
in Haworth journals should never see the light of day.  To quote an
americanism - its hogwash!!  Seems to me that Haworth saw a niche for
librarians who have to publish as part of their jobs so Haworth decided to
provide journals for us to do it in. Pity really because 90% of the bumf
should be trashed before anyone gets to see it.  well, thats my rhubarb for
this month.  Lionel Robson in Australia.