Re: InfoTrac Business Collection and magazine Collection in OCLC Ashland University 12 Apr 1994 21:50 UTC

On Fri, 8 Apr 1994, Matthew Gilmore (DC Pub. Lib) wrote:

> We are planning very soon to catalog all of our periodicals.  Major
> holdings include the InfoTrac Business Collection and magazine Collection.
> I checked on each in OCLC and am now puzzled.
>
> A search reveals 500+ records for Business Collection titles.
> This seems to be right and can easily be downloaded into our system.
> However, I am unable to find OCLC records for _any_ magazine Collection
> titles.
>
> Has anyone else run across this? How are other libraries representing
> these holdings in their OPACS?
 > I cannot believe that no one owns magazine collection.

Matt.  We use Galaxy online system and
found that EBSCO would upload records for
us.  That what we did.  As we add titles I
upload from OCLC.  For holdings we list
See Serials Holdings List so that we do
not have to spend a lot of time correcting
records on the system.  Hopefully some
time soon we will have an automated check
in system that is compatible with Galaxy.
Until then we improvise.

Jan Marotta
Ashland University Library
Ashland Ohio 44805