Faculty Participation in Collections (Sharon Murphy) Ann Ercelawn 02 Jun 1994 16:17 UTC

Date: Thu, 02 Jun 1994 08:20:21 -0300
From: Sharon Murphy <SMURPHY@AC.DAL.CA>
Subject: faculty participation in collections

Please respond directly to Sharon Murphy, not to SERIALST. Thanks --ed.

        We are in the process of reviewing serial titles as part of an
ongoing collections exercise and want to solicit the advice/opinions of
faculty across our academic departments. Does anyone have experience with
this exercise? We want to present them with some kind of form/survey that
will be consistent across departments and not create an empirical nightmare
for us to consolidate the results. Our titles are broken down by department
and faculty will be asked to indicate the relative value of the serials for
both teaching and research. (We also want them to feel free to suggest new
titles, but keeping in mind it will mean losing others). We want to avoid
having the titles prioritized by numbering 1 to n. Any suggestions or
experience with this will be greatly appreciated. Please respond to me
directly.

Sharon Murphy
Serials/Reference Librarian
Technical University of Nova Scotia