In-house Union Lists (Mike Monkman) Ann Ercelawn 02 Jun 1994 16:25 UTC

Date: Thu, 02 Jun 1994 08:56:41 -0500 (EST)
From: "Mike Monkman (mmonkman%onondaga.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu)"
 <MMONKMAN@ONONDAGA.BITNET>
Subject: In-house Union Lists

Please reply directly to Mike Monkman per his request, not to SERIALST.--ed.

From: Mike Monkman (mmonkman%onondaga.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu)
  We currently have our Union List of Serials published as an OCLC
off-line product.
  We are considering eliminating all our SCHD LDRs and returning to
one total holdings stmt. in the SIHD field.  From there, we will
work on developing our own database that we can better manipulate
and draw internal data from.
  Has anyone on this list had any experience managing such a list
(about 900+ titles and growing)?  Can you recommend a good software
package that can store such information and then print records out
in a nice format?  Will dbase work just as well for this task?
Are there any other suggestions?  Can anyone refer me to someone
who manages such a Union List?  Is this undertaking too much for
one person to handle?
  Any information is greatly appreciated.
  Respond to : Mike Monkman (mmonkman%onondaga.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu)
                            (315) 433-2663