Re: In-house Union Lists (Hannah King) Ann Ercelawn 13 Jun 1994 13:19 UTC

Date: Sun, 12 Jun 1994 19:31:50 -0500
From: Hannah King <KINGH@SNYSYRV1.BITNET>
Subject: RE: In-house Union Lists (Mike Monkman)

We are currently using an old Tandy warhorse "the 6000"  for a serials
database in addition to the shelf list, in addition to the list of holdings,
in addition to MicroLINX, in addition to MARC records added to our OPAC.
And I am going nuts trying to keep these lists in some kind of sync.
I am urging my director and systems librarian to let me design a serials
db in Access for Windows or Paradox where I can keep all the data I need
in one place.  I'm not sure I'll get what I want but I sure do hope I get
what I need.

Be interested to hear how you fare, Mike.

Hannah King
SUNY HSC Library at Syracuse
kingh@vax.cs.hscsyr.edu
766 Irving Avenue