Press Release (Swets & Zeitlinger B.V.) Ann Ercelawn 13 Jun 1994 15:04 UTC

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 14:50:26 LCL
From: jnederstigt@SWETS.NL
Subject: PRESS RELEASE / Swets & Zeitlinger B.V.

                                                       June 10, 1994

                  _______________________________

                  *  P R E S S   R E L E A S E  *
                  _______________________________

The Faxon Company, Inc.                       Swets & Zeitlinger B.V.
15 Southwest Park                                        Heereweg 347
Westwood, MA 02090                                      2161 CA LISSE
U.S.A.                                                The Netherlands

The Faxon Company of Westwood, MA, U.S.A. and Swets & Zeitlinger B.V.
of Lisse, The Netherlands are pleased to announce that they have
reached agreement for Swets to acquire all the European offices
and subscription business of Faxon.
Included in this agreement are the offices of Faxon Europe in
Amsterdam, Faxon U.K. in Coventry, Faxon France in Paris, Kunst und
Wissen in Stuttgart, Wennergren-Williams in Stockholm and Faxon
International Moscow.

Swets & Zeitlinger is one of the foremost subscription agents in the
world with offices in The Netherlands, U.K., Germany, France, Spain,
U.S.A, Japan, South Korea, Brazil, South Africa, Italy and Sweden
and is ideally placed to ensure continuity of service and support for
Faxon's library customers.

Ms. Judy Davis, voting stockholder of the Faxon Company, Inc. said:
"We look forward to working with Swets to ensure a very smooth
transition of business for our clients."
Mr. Adrian Swets and Mr. Cees Schuurman said:  "We share that point
of view and will make certain the transition will be smooth and that
services and support will stay on the level expected from our
company."
Mr. David Sidebottom, managing director of Faxon Europe on behalf of
the European Faxon managers, said:  "We have already been proud to
serve our customers under the Faxon flag and yet is it without
reservation that we look forward to serving them as part of the Swets
team based on their long standing reputation for quality service."

For further information, please contact the Swets office in The
Netherlands:
telephone:        011 31 2521 35111
fax:              011 31 2521 15888