Questions Regarding Security Gates (Suzanne Murray) Ann Ercelawn 20 Jun 1994 18:19 UTC

Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 13:35:53 -0500
From: "SUZANNE H. MURRAY, DIRECTOR SUNY HSC LIB.,SYRACUSE"
 <MURRAYS@SNYSYRV1.BITNET>
Subject: Questions regarding security gates
 pacs-l@uhupvm1.uh.edu, medlib-l@ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu, cnylib-l@suvm.BITNET,
 colldv-l@uscvm.BITNET

    The SUNY HSC Library: Syracuse is ordering equipment for the new library
and as a state institution we must have open bids unless we can claim sole
source.  Our collection of 170,000 volumes is protected with 3M tapes.  We
must order a new security gate.  Therefore the following questions:

If you have 3M tapes on your collection have you:

1. Changed to a different company's hardware?

2. If yes, what company

3. Have you had any problems?

4. If yes, please state the nature of the problem.

5. Did you begin using the new hardware company's security tapes for new
   acquisitions?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.   Sue Murray