Christian Register Holdings Query (Debra Wynn) Ann Ercelawn 22 Jun 1994 03:18 UTC

Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 11:09:20 +0900 (JST)
From: Debra Wynn <DWYNN@JPNNUCBA.BITNET>
Subject: Christian Register holdings query

Hi,
  One of our faculty placed a request for an article from the Feb. 14, 1935
issue (v. 114, no.7, p.111-112) of -Christian Register- Our ILL staff could not
locate any library in Japan who has the issue we need; it also cannot be
supplied by CARL uncover or the British Library service. We checked for
holdings information on OCLC and came away a bit mystified.
 For OCLC #8349637 (a microform record) there is a 500 note that says "Film
 covers. v.1-29 ...) Does this statement apply to everyone who has holdings
attached? Was the microfilm only filmed up to v.29? It wasn't clear to me
if that perhaps should have been a local note for a particular library's
holdings. A more complete (seems to me) record is for the fiche (OCLC
#103770776) but limited holdings to help us.
 Any clarification on the "correctness" of the 500 note would be appreciated.
(Also, any clues to who might actually have the item we want so we can contact
them and make some sort of ILL request would be VERY appreciated!)
 Thanks for any assistance!

Debra Wynn
Foreign Section Librarian
Information Center
Nagoya University of Commerce and Business Administration
Sangamine, Nisshin-cho,
470-01 Aichi-ken, JAPAN

email: dwynn@jpnnucba.bitnet      fax: 81 5617 4-0341