Cataloging Annual Reports (Kay Thomas) Ann Ercelawn 21 Jul 1994 16:45 UTC

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 1994 11:33:05 -0600
From: Kay Thomas <THOMAS@DT3.DT.UH.EDU>
Subject: Cataloging Annual Reports

Our library has a five-year back file and current collection of
approximately 1,000 corporate annual report titles.  They are maintained
in vertical file folders.  Up to the present, we have provided access by
one-on-one reference service and bibliographic instruction classes.  We
are considering whether to catalog this material and include it in our
OPAC.  It would be helpful to hear how other libraries have treated
corporate annual reports.

Some of the questions which come to mind are:
1.  If you have annual reports, do you catalog them?
2.  Are they included in your Serials Holdings List?
3.  Are they included in your OPAC by individual title?
4.  Are they included in your OPAC under some sort of blanket
    statement referring to a special collection?

Thank you for any observations, opinions, experiences you may have on
this subject.  Please reply directly to me and I will summarize responses
if interest warrants.

Kay Thomas
Serials Librarian
W. I. Dykes Library