Union lists on CD-ROM BITNET list server at UVMVM (1.8a) 30 Aug 1994 02:06 UTC

From: "Bureau, Suzanne" <sybureau@cisti.lan.nrc.ca>
Subject: RE: Union lists on CD-ROM
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 94 18:46:00 EDT

_____________Original message ___________________

>A question: The CONSER database is now available on CD-ROM under the
>title CDMARC Serials.  The German union list of serials (the
>"Zeitschriften-Datenbank") is now issued both on microfiche and
>CD-ROM.  Does anyone know of any *union lists of serials*
>(preferably with holdings) other than the Zeitschriften-Datenbank
>that are on CD-ROM?

The Canada Institute for Scientific and Technical Information (CISTI) and
the National Library of Canada publishes a union list of serials titles
held in Canadian Libraries on CD-ROM.  The CD-ROM is called ROMULUS and
contains more than 200,000 bibliographic records with holdings for over
400 Canadian Libraries.    The CD-ROM also includes a directory of
interlibrary loan for Canadian libraries produced by the National
Library of Canada.

Romulus can be obtained from NRC Publications Sales and Distribution,
National Research Council Canada, Building M-19, Ottawa, Canada  K1A 0R6
phone: (613) 993-2054
fax: (613) 957-9828

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need more information.

Suzanne Bureau
Head Serials/Union List
CISTI
phone: (613) 993-9029