Dawson Press Release (Fritz Schwartz) Ann Ercelawn 22 Sep 1994 00:36 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 1994 13:17:07 -0400
From: Fritz Schwartz <SCHWARTZSERV@FAXON.COM>
Subject: Dawson press release

For more information contact:

Vernon W. Cain, President & CEO
Dawson's North American Operations
815-732-9001
September 21, 1994

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Folkestone, U.K.-Dawson Holdings PLC announced the completion of the first
phase of the purchase of The Faxon Company, Inc. and its subsidiaries, with the
acquisition of Faxon Canada and The Turner Subscription Agency.

Westwood, MA-based Faxon President, Judy Davis, confirmed that, "The sale of
both Faxon Canada and Turner was completed, and we anticipate finalizing the
sale of the remaining Faxon properties shortly."

Bryan Ingleby, Group Chief Executive of Dawson Holdings, said, "I am pleased to
have completed phase one of the acquisition process, and look forward to the
completion of the concluding phase in the near future."

According to Ingleby, "The acquisition of Faxon is rooted in sound business
logic, and we view the purchase of Faxon as an important investment that
positions Dawson for dynamic growth well into the next century."

Dawson Holdings PLC, established in 1809, is a publicly traded, worldwide
supplier of information services to the library and business communities.